Tuesday 4 October 2022

Day 1260 - Shoesday Tuesday

Charlotte Olympia Xena
Shoes: Xena | Charlotte Olympia

Last week I shared my third pair of Poker Joker dice heels and today I'm switching it up to non-Irregular Choice.  I was really happy to get my hands on these Charlotte Olympia shoes from AW16, a couple of months back.  They feature a slight twist on her usual 'floating' platform; it looks similar from the front, but actually carries on up to the heel in a wedge like shape, acting as part of the heel height.  The bottom half though is completely transparent.  It looks so intriguing against the pink glitter platform.  Then the uppers give more contrast with this rather sedate plummy-brown reptile Mary-Jane.  It's like business on the top, party on the bottom!  

The button on the strap is elasticated, so you just slip your foot in and actually these types of fastenings usually scare me (that they'll burst), but this has quite a bit of stretch and it's easy to get in.  I find CO generally a little on the narrow side, not as small as the likes of Sophia Webster, but these just fit in length and are a little narrow in the toe box.  Not so much that I'm bulging out of them, but given there's not much room in length either, it's a tight fit in there.  Despite that, they're actually really comfortable, but my goodness I'm not used to heels or indeed shoes at all!  It's been so long since I wore shoes properly, that I was struggling a little with the height.  I'd definitely need some practise before wearing them anywhere.   

Wearing: Leopard print tights, Accessorize (I think), very old. 
Fit: 5 3/4" heel, just under 2" platform. Elasticated button on strap, slip on. A little narrow in the toe in my usual size 38/5. 
Comfort:  Personally out of practise with wearing higher heels, but otherwise they were quite comfortable, though the narrow toe may pinch after a while.
wearing leopard print tights and pink glitter platform Mary Jane shoes
wearing Charlotte Olympia Xena AW16 shoes
wearing transparent and pink glitter platform shoes
wearing Charlotte Olympia Xena transparent heels with pink glitter platform
Charlotte Olympia mary-jane shoes with leopard tights
Charlotte Olympia Xena
Charlotte Olympia Xena transparent heels on shelf
Charlotte Olympia Xena glitter platform shoes on shelf
close up of transparent heel and pink glitter platform
close up of gold web charm logo on sole of shoe
close up of button fastening on shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.