Tuesday 19 April 2022

Day 1237 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Hop To It
Shoes: Hop To It | Irregular Choice 

I've overdone it this past week (making a 40th birthday card for my sister), so the new shoes I'd hoped to show you, will have to wait another week.  I bought Hop To It, back when they launched in Spring 2018.  The photos are from a year later, when I was doing #365daysofIrregularChoice on Instagram and I have to say my feet have clearly grown since.  In some photos, I could see a small gap at the heel and I don't remember them being tight, plus I'm wearing IC tights, which are quite thick.  However, I tried the shoes on today (bare feet) and they're small all over.  I feel them tight in width, digging into the top of my foot and it's a squeeze to get into them, so I don't have oodles of length either.  I bought them in my regular size 38/5.  My legs are about twice the size they were in these photos though, so it's no surprise the shoes are coming up tight on me!  I'd say if you're a straight size, then opt for your usual, but if you're between, you'll probably feel more comfortable sizing up.  

Although similarly shaped, this heel doesn't have the weight of the glitter/snow-globe ones, so it's less likely to want to slip off your heel if they're a bit big.  The platform and heel surround is weighty though, so overall the shoe isn't light.  Personally, I prefer the more sturdy globes, which are a solid wedge shape inserted into the cut-out wedge-heel.  This one is just a casing slotted in to cover the cut-out wedge and I always worry it cracks, doesn't take my weight or pings out.  Although the shape is different, it's more like the ballerina or Cinderella heels in that sense. 

The platform is covered in artificial grass, which is great at shedding!  I often find little bits on my shelf or annoyingly it's stuck on the inside of the heel casing.  This collection had different scenes in different styles, this pair with a lot of flowers, charms and a little toadstool house and bunny.  I love how the greenery is growing up the instep and isn't just concentrated on the base where the bunny is.  The uppers are a fine glitter heart print in white, blue and pink.  Then you have a bunny face at the front and big pompom tail at the back (not long-pile fluffy like Fluffy Tail).  The ears at the front can be moved/bent however you wish.  They're works of art, definitely one of the more crazy ideas IC have come up with.  As with most of my shoes over the past few years, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to wear them out yet, though I'll need to lose weight before these are comfortable again!

Wearing: Blossom Bunny Tights, Irregular Choice (old). 
Fit: 5" heel, platform 1 1/2". Slip on.  Not much extra room, so if between sizes, opt for the bigger (I didn't size up and they are currently tight on me), if a straight size, you should be alright in your usual size.   
Comfort:  Currently a little small on me, so not comfortable.  The platform and wedge heel-surround make the shoe weighty, but the heel itself is light.  A 'rocker' style with upturned, curvy platform that you rock on as you walk.  
Irregular Choice bunny shoes and tights
wearing Irregular Choice magical garden heeled shoes
wearing pompom bunny shoes with garden scene heel
wearing glitter heart print bunny face shoes with grass platform
Irregular Choice Hop To It bunny garden shoes
close up of garden heel casing on shoe with bunny figure and flowers inside
side view of magical garden heels with toadstool house and bunny figure inside
Irregular Choice Hop To It SS18
close up of embroidered bunny face on front of heart print glitter shoe
bunny figure and flowers inside heel of shoe, close up
close up of toadstool house and flowers inside heel of shoe
close up of flowers and plants inside heel of shoe
close up of heart print glitter uppers on shoe with pompom at back

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.