Wednesday 16 December 2020

Day 1173 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing irregular choice Christmas ankle boots with Santa sleigh skyline
Shoes: Sleigh Ride | Irregular Choice 

Hello, back with another Christmas style from the recent Irregular Choice launch.  I was supposed to post last week, but was plagued with migraines on top of a cold.  I've still got the cold, I just can't seem to shift it.  Anyway, last time I showed you the advent calendar boots and the boots today are another really innovative concept.  First up, the bit you know; the Santa heel.  He was back with abundance in this collection (yay!) and with a slight variation for the first time, as he's sparkly!  He doesn't have his rosy cheeks and nose this time, maybe it's just mine or the glitter version is slightly different.  The boots are ankle length with high points on either side of the leg and they zip up the back.  I find back zipped boots tend to be more generously sized and yet again, these are.  They are generally very roomy and wide around the foot and heel.  They are quite short in the toe though, so it feels a bit weird to be loose elsewhere but touching the tip.  I went for my usual size and for this post, when I was wearing them with tights, the fit didn't feel quite so strange.  They have quite a fitted ankle, but are flexible as there isn't a proper 'cuff' as such, around the top.  

Each boot is different.  You have Santa in his sleigh with the reindeer working around the boot, then stars and snowflakes on the other.  Each boot is split down the centre, so the outer fabrics are the same on both feet, but the reindeer boot on the inner side is a metallic, oil slick type finish and the snowflake one is a beautiful fine glitter.  The trims or characters on the outer sides and the centre front can move up and down the strip they're attached to (Velcro, so quite noisy to do so) and you can see those strips can bulge out from the shoe when being worn (first photo below).  The good thing is, the inside characters don't move, they are sewn on like regular applique, so you won't be getting all in a tangle when walking.  I'm not sure if this will be an issue (on the outer sides) when properly wearing them, you may just have to remain aware of it, so you don't get hooked on anything.  

Now onto the super cool bit, that outer side fabric.  It doesn't look that exciting when you see it above, however it lights up.  Remember I said there was an awesome new light-up idea in the Space Station collection? Well, it's the same here.  It's not little bulbs like we're used to, but the whole fabric lighting up from behind and it's blinding, I love it.  There's the usual on/off button and many different settings.  You can either have it set to one colour all the time or else different variations going through the colours (i.e. fading in and out, fast flash etc).  I kept mine moving here in an attempt to get several colours for you.  I made the first light-up photo below really dark to try and show you how bright it is, but in the flesh it's even more vivid.  It's like someone has turned a light on, you could honestly have them sitting in a room as mood lighting!  They also come with a USB lead to charge, which is good news as I can see me wearing these with the lights always on, rather than just flashing them occasionally like my other 'bulb' light-up shoes.  

I think they are absolutely spectacular.  There's so much to look at on them, loads of different colours, materials and trims.  It wasn't until I took these close-up photos actually, that I realised the red glitter towards the top is the same as on The Kringles heel and toe, with the gold stars through it.  I love the organza bows too, they are kind of silly and fussy, but feel so Christmassy.  I think this year has been my all-time favourite Christmas release, there's so many fantastic bits in it.  I still have another style to show you, hopefully next week.  If you buy these from Lottie's (or indeed anything) use my code isoGmm5492 for 10% off.      
  
Wearing:  Rainbow striped fishnet tights, ASOS (old).   
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 1" concealed platform, centre-back zip.  I bought my usual size (38/5) and found them roomy all around the foot and heel, but short in length at the toe.     
Comfort:  Haven't worn them for long enough to tell yet.  
wearing fishnet tights and Christmas boots with glitter
giving fit advice for Santa heeled Christmas Irregular Choice boots
wearing sparkly Santa heeled ankle boots
wearing ankle boots with shooting star detail and reindeer applique
back view wearing Santa heeled ankle boots
front view wearing reindeer and snowflake ankle boots over skyline
close up of applique and movable character details on ankle boots
close up of Santa sleigh movable character on ankle boots
light up Christmas ankle boots being worn in very dark room with silhouette of Santa sleigh
light up Christmas ankle boots being worn in the dark with lit up skyline with Santa sleigh
bright yellow light up boots with shooting star skyline
blue light up skyline on festive boots with star design
red light up ankle boot with floating Santa sleigh
changing flashing light festive ankle boots
light up christmas ankle boots on floor
detail of Santa sleigh on side of festive ankle boot
close up of inner side of boot in glitter with embroidered snowflakes
close up of red sparkly glitter Santa heel on boot

1 comment :

  1. These look super amazing <3

    Sorry about the cold, they suck. They tend to floor me and got awful trouble with my sinuses...why do we need sinuses???? I find fresh ginger helps with migraines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.