Tuesday 2 April 2019

Day 1154 - Shoesday Tuesday

feet resting on each other wearing patterned Disney Bambi tights and black faux fur shoes with pearl straps
Shoes: Irregular Choice black Kir Royal 

I'm realising throughout #365daysofIrregularChoice on Instagram that there's an awful lot of shoes I've had for a while that I've never posted fit reviews for here.  I can remember back to when I started my Shoesday Tuesday posts, as I'd been less able to get dressed and out of the house, so didn't have outfits to show here and I figured a time would come when I didn't have any fresh shoes to share either. That was the reason I kept it to once weekly, as any more than that and I might've run out.  Wow, why did I think so naively?!!  Do not fear, the posts will continue for a looong time!  Actually I rarely posted outfits last year, so still have those to share at some point too.  Ah the to-do list is another endless task.  Ok, back to the shoes and you may recall me buying these in mint, reviewed here in 2017.  Well I wasn't as enamoured with the black version to be honest, but the more I saw them, the more they grew on me.  I managed to get them in the sale and I should've sized down, because like the mint pair they are large.  Same deal, roomy all over, especially wide in the heel area.  Mine were sent missing the pearl straps, so I had to wait a while to get replacements from the factory.  Had it come down to it, they could've shared with the mint pair, but clipping and unclipping 4 sets of pearls would've become a bit tiresome. 
The fur is much, much silkier soft than the mint.  The floral embellishments around the top of the shoe are exactly the same colours on both pairs.  The bit I'm a bit disappointed with and I think what put me off buying them immediately, is the beautiful heel detail.  On the mint pair, it's cream and noticeable, on this it's black on black and therefore really hard to see.  It's just such a pity because it's so pretty, I want everyone to be able to appreciate it.  I've taken close-up photos below, because you can't quite make it out when I'm wearing them.  Likewise the little black beads that are hidden in the fur.  They were coloured on the green pair, so you could just about find them (though they are nestled into the pile), but here you just notice a little glint in the fur and wonder what it is.  The glitter heel has a lot of purples in it, which lifts it slightly.  These shoes are quite lightweight and although the back end of the wedge isn't the widest, the base under the pad of your foot is very wide and feels stable. 

I was looking for something a little different to team them with and needed another floral item for the challenge on Instagram, so chose these Bambi tights.  Actually the colouring is perfect, I think they look awesome together, even if the pearl straps do disappear slightly against the print.  So overall, I'd say if you're between sizes definitely opt for the smaller, but you may be able to truly size down too.  I really wished I'd tried the 4/37, but if I remember correctly that wasn't an option and certainly when I bought the green on launch day, they went so fast, I wasn't able to return for the smaller size.  What do you think, do you like these?   

Wearing: Forest Friends Tights Irregular Choice (Bambi). 
Fit: 5" heel and 1" platform. Pearl straps attach and detach at both sides with clasps into loops. I found these ran large, especially in the heel area. I probably could've sized down, certainly if you're between sizes, opt for the smaller.
Comfort: A nice wide base to walk on and the platform reduces the heel to a more manageable height. legs facing forward wearing Bambi patterned tights and black furry shoes with draped pearl strapsside view of legs in Bambi tights wearing furry black platform shoes with cut out wedge heelblack fur shoes with cut out wedge heel detail being wornblack fur shoes with flower embellishments and pearl draped strapscrossed legs with Disney Bambi tights and black fur platform shoesback view of legs in black furry shoes with lace heart and flower embellishment detail at heellegs on floor wearing Bambi and Thumper and Flower skunk tights with black shoesDisney Bambi tights being worn with black fur shoes with flower embellishments and pearlsone leg lying flat with cut out wedge heel detail visible and flower embellishments and pearlsclose up from above wearing black rounded toe furry shoes with beaded and flower embellishments and pearl straps draped across the footcut out wedge detail in shoe shown close up on the footflower embellishment lace heart and satin bow detail at heel of shoe shown close upclose up of coloured flower embellishment around top of shoeclose up of glitter heel in black and purple

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.