Tuesday 25 February 2020

Day 1164 - Shoesday Tuesday

legs wearing macaron printed tights with pink shearling ankle boots
Shoes: Irregular Choice Bon Bon (by Rowena Barriskill) 

Let's just gloss over the technical issues I had getting to this point today.  Honestly this laptop will be the death of me! Think I've sorted it, so here we are with another pair from the Super Fan collection that launched earlier this year, this time by Rowena.  You can see Tomi's dinosaurs here last week. 
These short ankle boots have a sole/platform similar to Milovat that came out last Spring/Summer.  I don't have those so can't compare, but the platform comes up over the upper material, which is quite unusual.  The round heel is really chunky, solid and comfortable to walk on and as a sidenote I loved that this whole collection contained heels (of varying heights).  It's been a long time since we've had that.  There's a full length zip and I ordered these in my usual size.  I found them very tight, not necessarily short in the foot, but very tight (looking at the photo below, probably between the green gem and the creamy/yellow sweetie below) going across the front of the foot.  I did manage to get them zipped up though and I do suspect they'll stretch a bit with wear, but I would understand some wanting to size up because of this.  The top isn't designed to be close fitting to the leg, so there's a gap on me and I didn't note any rubbing in the brief time I tried these on.  Unfortunately I had to return mine, not because I didn't like them, but because I needed this new laptop and couldn't get both.  It's a pity as I could see them easily fitting in with my wardrobe and getting a lot of wear, but maybe at a later date I'll be able to afford them.  I love them with the macaron tights here, sugar overload and also the lilac glitter sole/heel under lights is super sparkly and pretty. 

Wearing:  Sweet Treats Tights Irregular Choice (old).
Fit:  3 3/4" heel (I think, I forgot to measure before returning) and small platform.  Tight across the foot in my usual size, not short in the foot, roomy at the ankle.  Full length zip.   
Comfort:  Until that front loosened up, they would be quite uncomfortable, unless you sized up.  Easy heel to walk on though.   top of shearling pink ankle boots with gems, plastic bows and sweetsclose up of ankle boot being worn with lilac glitter round heel and solecrossed feet wearing kawaii fluffy pink ankle bootslegs facing forward wearing pink fluffy ankle boots with glitter sole and macaron tightslegs apart wearing macaron tights and pink fluffy boots with zip fasteninggem and charm embellished ankle boots with purple glitter sole and heelrounded lilac glitter heel of ankle boots worn with macaron tightsIrregular Choice Bon Bon pink ankle boots flatlay

6 comments :

  1. They look so cool and fluffy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see these going with so much in my wardrobe, shame I had to return them.

      Delete
  2. Ha, they are so cute and fluffy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the uppers on these; never seen anything like this with Irregular Choice, a complete original from Rowena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice change from proper fluffy...not that I don't like that too!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.