Friday 2 December 2011

Day 534 - Starry Nights

Shoes: Black patent 'Lita' Jeffrey Campbell at Zalando

Hello, freezing today isn't it? I'm starting to feel a nippy throat, it's really stinging when I swallow or eat or drink anything-everyone else in my family has got it, so it was inevitable really. Yesterday as I mentioned, I went to the Boots Christmas night, this time I didn't have such a good time, I was in a foul mood because everybody (and I mean everybody) was pissing me off. The town was manic, like everyone has just realised it's December and Christmas is coming and they're panic buying in case we get the snow of last year!! Grrr! Anyhow, I loved this outfit, it's actually one of my favourites I've ever worn. Sadly, you don't get any decent outfit shots, because it was too dark for photos when I got home and I didn't have much time before we left. It's a shame because it did all look really good together in an eclectic kinda way. This dress is quite long on me (mid calf-but again it's hard to photograph when I'm leaning over to take these pics etc) and I love that it's sheer and floaty, but I decided to pair it with my tough looking Litas just because I wanted to! I can't believe that I wasn't keen on the black patent version of these boots (pre-purchase), because I'm just totally in love with them now. I'm so glad I eventually found this belt (been looking for it for ages) because a lot of my clothes are starting to feel too big and this was much needed to pull this dress in (I really should've had the guts to go down a dress size-no pun intended there) as my other belts are starting to feel too big. You'll be seeing a lot more of this one I'm sure.

Wearing: Star print gypsy dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, horse necklace ASOS, belt?, flower comb (tres gorgeous isn't it?) Yama Yama Pretty Mama, fox and frog rings Miss Selfridge, lace tights, panther bangle and flower ring Primark.
Fit: I'm a UK5/38 and these are a US8 and fit perfectly. Just under 5" heel and 1 3/4" platform.
Comfort: As I suspected with longer wear the tops of these boots really rubbed (especially so because of the thin lace tights), otherwise no issues.

1 comment :

  1. Love this outfit! :D And can't wait till Tuesday to see your new JC's! :D

    Sorry I haven't been around much to leave comments and stuff...I have been reading your blogs! But there's just been some things going on with family and busy times coming up @ uni so I've not really been around very much!

    I did get my first tattoo session 2 days ago! I haven't put any photo's up on FB because I'd rather wait till it's finished, second session is on the 16th! Can't wait! :D It looks really nice already though...but it'll be even better when it's done obviously hehe :P So you'll see that on the 16th or 17th when I post pics on FB :D

    Hope you're well, seems like you're doing well! Getting into the Christmis spirit and everything! I haven't yet, need to get my little tree up soon to get the vibe going haha!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.